Labor Law Violations
San Jose, California, Labor Law Attorney
Labor law violations often involve mundane, everyday aspects of employment — things that employees expect to be automatic, like overtime pay, safe working conditions and lunch break. California employees may not know what to do when their rights are violated.
Committed, Experienced Representation in Labor Law Cases
The California Labor Code lays out all employee rights given to any worker in California. Mesirow & Fink, in San Jose, is committed to defending employee rights and providing experienced, attentive assistance for employees if their employers violated the California Labor Code.
Mr. Fink and his partner have more than three decades of experience in handling labor law violations. Our firm has helped private-sector andgovernmental employees with many types of violations, such as:
- Being fired for talking with a co-worker about salary, benefits or working conditions
- A manager creating a hostile work environment for an employee who denied sexual advances
- A fired employee not receiving outlined severance pay or benefits
- An employee having unpaid overtime wages or unpaid commission
- Falling victim to wrongful discharge, lay off or other wrongful termination
- An employer denying rest breaks, meal breaks or overtime due to an employee’s race or sex, which is also a civil rights violation
We want to hear your story, and we offer confidential consultations. Our firm is committed to offering traditional legal services that focus on personalized, caring attention for every client.
Labor Law Violations in Retaliation Cases
Many of the labor law violation cases we handle are also retaliation cases. If a salesperson or commissioned employee reports employer wrongdoing, he or she may be fired and denied severance pay or commission. Even if an employee is fired or laid off before the commission comes in, the employer is required under the California Labor Code to pay the commission.
Other cases involve an employer withholding an employee’s salary or bonus in retaliation for whistleblowing. We will listen to the details of your case and what happened to you to determine if the retaliation amounted to a labor law violation as well.
Contact an Employment Law Attorney at Mesirow & Fink
To learn more about your options in overtime pay disputes, hour disputes or other labor law violations, contact attorney Steven Fink and our employment law team at Mesirow & Fink in San Jose. We can be reached by calling 408-286-1200 or by filling out the e-mail form on our Contact Us page.